Saturday 19 May 2018

My Late Birthday Present!

A very special package came through my mail today. Written in orange on an empty envelope taped onto the small brown box is the word 'FRAGILE'. If you remember in my 32nd birthday post back in March, I mentioned that I was getting my present later this year. Well, here it is! My late birthday present. Inside, is a small plastic container and inside that is letter with a tiny pot taped onto it. Inside the pot are thirty tiny emperor moth eggs that my mum has bought me from a butterfly breeder.







My Emperor Moth eggs
Last year, I had wanted to raise some moth eggs that I had found. Sadly, it never happened as the eggs dried out. So this year, I wanted to try again, but this time I decided to buy them. It wasn't cheap (about £30) and I had to wait for the breeder's moths to emerge and for them to breed before I could get hold of them. And now, they have arrived and I am excited to see if any will hatch. I have never done anything like this before and of course, I will let you all know of their progress. For now, however, all I can do is wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment