Monday 5 February 2018

Feb 5th Catton Park


Kestrel
Flakes of snow threatened to fall from the sky today as I went for a walk at Catton Park. Thankfully, it didn't come to much. After what happened to my previous camera in the snow last year, I did not want it repeating with the one I have now. Despite the threat of snow, the walk wasn't that bad. The highlight has to be the female kestrel patrolling the long, wet grass of the park. Moving from one tree to another, it sat atop of the taller branches, using them as vantage points. The smaller birds, such as tits and finches, did not enjoy the kestrel's presence whatsoever and after building up a bit of courage, they mobbed the bigger bird away. Also during my walk, I counted up to 9 common gulls on the field as well as a few magpies and carrion crows and I managed to spot a great spotted woodpecker high up in a tall tree, but it moved on by the time I got into position for a clear shot with my camera.
Common Gull
Carrion Crow
Magpie













Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment