Wednesday 28 February 2018

Feb 28th Waterloo Park


Waterloo Park covered in snow
With no Strumpshaw today, I decided to go for a quick walk in the snow this afternoon once the worst of the snowstorm had cleared. The settled snow must have been about 10 inches or more deep as it came up just above the top of my feet as I trudged my way through it to get to the park. Of course, with many schools closed today due to the weather, they were all out here having fun building snowmen, having snowball fights and sledging down the slopes of the snowy embankments. The birds were much harder to find and seemed to prefer staying as far above it all up in the trees than down on the ground where it is too deep in the white stuff to find food. So while it was fun for us, its not so fun for them.
Testing the snow depth!


The gateway to my flat



Snowy scenes at Waterloo Park



Blackbird
Greenfinch
Woodpigeon
Starling

No comments:

Post a Comment