Tuesday 27 February 2018

Feb 27th Waterloo Park and Catton Park


Snow!
The Beast from the East has arrived! That is what they are calling this latest snow storm at the MET office. It has caused chaos across the UK this week with the eastern half of the country being worst effected. Here in Norwich, the streets are covered in a few inches of snow, the most I've seen in 5 years. There's more apparently on the way and with the trains already cancelled for today, there is a high chance that travelling to Strumpshaw tomorrow is not going to happen.





Snow at Waterloo Park
As the snow is causing disruption on the roads, I am resorted to stay at home this week. With no transport available, I went exploring in the snow around my neighbourhood and to two of my local parks to take some photos of this white landscape. First up was Waterloo Park. As it was just a stone throw away from my flat, it was easier to get to and back if it started snowing again. Flashbacks to last year and the incident with my previous camera is still fresh in my mind and I am not taking any chances this time round. Thankfully, it was uneventful and I was able to take a few photos without a hitch. Not many photogenic birds here, but it was still nice to see everyone enjoying a walk in this temporary winter wonderland.

Long-tailed Tit
Woodpigeon
Blackbird

Catton Park
Next up was a walk to Catton Park. It was bit of a short walk and busy road to cross to get to it, but it was worth it despite not seeing much. This was mainly because it started snowing again. The more I made my way round the park, the heavier the snow got. Flakes were sticking to my coat in no time at all. I kept my camera hidden beneath my coat to protect it, only using it sparingly to take a quick photo before hiding it again. I did not want to stay out for long while it was like this, so after a few minutes traipsing through the worst of this latest snow flurry, I decided to make my retreat to the warmth of my flat.

The pond at Catton Park
More snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment