Sunday 28 January 2018

Jan 28th Hadleigh

 
My brother's garden in Hadleigh
Day 2 of the RSPB's Big Garden Bird Watch 2018 and today I travelled to Suffolk with my family to visit my brother, Frazer and his family. When we arrived at their house in Hadleigh, Dad, my one year-old niece, Ava and I did the one hour long survey recording the birds in my brother's garden. We started the survey at 12:45pm, but when the hour ended, we only managed to record 2 dunnocks, a robin and a blackbird. However, as the afternoon went on, I began to notice that the bird activity was much more livelier than it was before. So, I decided to redo the survey (from 3pm-4pm) and was a lot more successful. 
Dunnock


Blackbird
Robin




Collard Dove
The result this time was; 2 dunnocks, 4 blackbirds, 1 robin, 4 house sparrows, 1 song thrush, 1 blue tit, 1 collard dove, 1 woodpigeon and 1 starling. In total, there I recorded 16 birds and 9 species, more than what I recorded at my aunt's and my parent's houses yesterday combined. There were also a flock of goldfinch in the trees on the other side of the garden's fence, but they never entered the garden itself, so I was unable to count them. But still, this was by far the best garden this weekend out of the three gardens I've surveyed. Even little Ava enjoyed helping me out spotting the birds.


Starling
Song Thrush
House Sparrow
Dunnock
Blue Tit
Woodpigeon
Goldfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment