Monday 14 December 2015

Dec 14th Cley

A low sun over Cley
My Aunt Barbara asked me if I wanted to go to Cley today. Even though I was there just a few days ago, I am not one to turn down an offer to see birds, so of course I said yes. We started our visit, as always, with the central hides overlooking the pools. It was fairly quiet but we still got to see wigeon, teal, mallards, avocets, shelducks, dunlins, lapwings, a snipe and black-tailed godwits as well as lots of gulls. A good list of birds, but the views of them were more appreciated through my scope as they were a good distance from the hides.

Blue Tit
Teal
Shelduck
Avocets
Black-tailed Godwits
Dunlin
Dunlin and Godwits
Stonechat
After a short time in the hides, we decided to drop off my scope in Barbara's car and go for a walk around the reserve. Along the East Bank towards the beach, we added more birds to our visit's list. Marsh harriers, stonechats, little egrets, curlews, redshanks, reed buntings and a moorhen. A military helecopter scared up hundreds of brent geese and a few pink-footed geese which flew over us in all directions. We continued walking along the shingled beach, stopping at the new hide, seeing a charm of goldfinches, before returning to the visitor centre all tired out.


Little Egret
Marsh Harrier
Redshank
Wigeon
Brent Geese
Pink-footed Geese
More Brent Geese flying over our heads!
Curlew
Goldfinches
Brent Geese
Cley Windmill

No comments:

Post a Comment